help

False positive OPK?

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 398
Johnniesgirl96 Posted: 03-29-2011 2:19 PM

Can you get a false positive on your OPK if you take it first thing in the morning?  I've been taking them throughout the past week and none of them have even been close to a positive.  I decided to try it this morning and got a definite positive only thing is that I'm thinking it may have been from such concentrated urine.  Although I did just take another one and it was almost positive.  My other thing is I'm not having a ton of EW or anything.  I felt very moist down there all day yesterday but had just a little EW a few times otherwise it was either C or S. 

KissMe 33-DH 34

AngelAngel 10/8/1999 Lost at 21 weeks, Tobey and Braxton we will love you forever. 

Baby Boy Gavin 3/4/2001 Blessed through adoption

Angel 8/2003

Baby Boy Connor 2/9/2004 Blessed through adoption

Shrug 10/2005-2007 cancer diagnosis and 3 rounds of chemo.

Pray 2/11/2008 Given the go by oncologist to try for baby.

Big Smile 3/8/2008 concieved #3

Baby Boy Sheldon 11/26/2008

Baby Boy Due Jan 7th, 2012

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 706
angelstar220 replied on 03-29-2011 3:19 PM

I don't think you can get a false positive, because it reads your LH level, so therefore, it was reading that your LH was high enough to cause O.  Not everyone has CM that comes down and out, some women's stay right up by and inside the cervix.  Hope this helps!

AngelAngel 29 & Sean 25 Smile - My Charts

From previous marriage: Baby Boy Garryn - 10, Baby Boy Kaiden - 8;
Baby #1 together Marix born 11/27/13 a Baby Boy (after 3 years 3 months TTC and IVF#1, thanking God for our miracle!)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,994
lbm436 replied on 03-29-2011 3:29 PM

Yes, you can get a false positive OPK with FMU because of the high concentration. That's why it's not recommended to do them with FMU (regardless of what the instructions say). I'm not sure what CD you are, or what your normal pattern is like, but if you've had EW, even just a little, then the OPK you just took (not sure what time this one was taken) could be a true positive. Sometimes, as the book says, you can have EW, and then feel dry for the rest of the day. Try to only use OPKs between 10am and 8pm.Flowers

me: 32  him: 32Kiss the brand new little guy Baby Boy 3/30/2012 (BFed for 21 months!), the newest little guy Baby Boy 6/4/2014 and the 3 furry ones

2 Angel always remembered 9/2/2010 and 12/22/2010

My Uploaded Charts (current)             My Online Charts (detailed TTC charts, not current)
See my bio for my complete history
Click here for lots of useful info such as adding a signature, sharing your charts, abbreviations, etc.Flowers
Click here to read about the new signature policy! Was your siggie edited? Click here

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,741
dj rayne replied on 04-03-2011 8:28 AM

There are some women that never get positives during the day for whatever reason and FMU works for them. It isn't reccomended though. If you do use FMU know that it is likely that you will see multiple days of positive.. I don't thinkof OPKs as being true or false. They are clearly showing what you are testing forand you wouldn't show positive (shouldn't) earlier in your cycle even with FMU. Most women though would show several days in a row of positive using that time of day as opposed to later. You should be having sex on a regular babsis starting at least seven days from expected O. The OPK will show when the egg is likely to drop but your best chance is the day of peak CF as long as your hormones are in line and it occurs before you O. The semen will prime the pump so to speak as the prostaglandins in it will encourage higher estrogen levels at the cervix causing better and more fertile fluid to be present.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 7,432
jbizzy replied on 04-03-2011 8:55 AM

I always used FMU when I used OPK's... they were usually spot on.  But you could test twice a day!

One and Done Club.....

TTC Charts    

TTC#1 March 2006

Myomectomy to remove multiple fibroids and light endo October 2009

First & only BFP January 9th, 2010

*wild yam root 500 mg cd 1-9, maca root 900 mg until 11 dpo, clomid 50 mg cd 5-9, NPC from 3 dpo, procheive suppositories 1st trimester

16 dpo beta 397, 18 dpo beta 863 Yes

Baby Girl 9/26/2010

Not Ranked
Posts 398
Johnniesgirl96 replied on 04-05-2011 2:10 PM

It seems like I just never have concentrated enough U any other time during the day.  I took another one this morning two hours after waking up and going the to the restroom at 4am and got an even darker positive than I had 6 days ago.  I did have what I thought was a thermal shift 4 days ago but today it dropped way back down.  I swear I just have no idea what is going on.  Isn't it early for a secondary estogen surge?  I do think it is possible that my FMU is to concentrated but then again who knows.  If I have O'd wouldn't all trace of the surge be gone or would there still be small amounts like usual?

KissMe 33-DH 34

AngelAngel 10/8/1999 Lost at 21 weeks, Tobey and Braxton we will love you forever. 

Angel 8/2003

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,741
dj rayne replied on 04-06-2011 5:30 AM

It would be helpful to see your chart. A secondary estrogen surge would not cause an OPK to be positive but a failed attempt at O by your body and a second attemp is possible. Estrogen would have to rise as well so you would see a drop in temps. LH would drop off after the intial surge and though there would be some amt it wouldn't be enough to trigger a test. I think next cycle you would benefit from testing three times a day to see what happens. Pick three (FMU, Lunchtime and 6pm maybe) and record all three results on a sheet of paper. Keep the tests and label them (you can throw out after AF) test through your O date to see what happens after. It may be FMU stays positive for a day, no more than two but the others should either go to stark white or fade out quickly. If the FMU stayed positive but the ohters went white then keep testing the FMU until it goes neg and do a test during the day to make sure it isn't showing any other time. Record your temps on that paper as well so you can get a clear idea of where you are.

David Jude

Click HERE for useful tips and information about this site including linking your chart and directions to allow others to view it Flowers  and HERE for Shrug abbreviations.

To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Eccl 3:1

My WebCharts

Not Ranked
Posts 398
Johnniesgirl96 replied on 04-06-2011 6:52 PM

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/johnniesgirl96/pccharts/8.aspx

Here it is.

KissMe 33-DH 34

Angel 8/2003

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 8,994
lbm436 replied on 04-06-2011 9:17 PM

I think you have not ovulated yet. It's a shame you didn't keep testing with the OPK after CD28. I like to test until negative. But I'm thinking no O yet because of now the 2 temps below the CL, EW, and positive OPK. It's probably coming soon!!Fingers Crossed

me: 32  him: 32Kiss the brand new little guy Baby Boy 3/30/2012 (BFed for 21 months!), the newest little guy Baby Boy 6/4/2014 and the 3 furry ones

2 Angel always remembered 9/2/2010 and 12/22/2010

My Uploaded Charts (current)             My Online Charts (detailed TTC charts, not current)
See my bio for my complete history
Click here for lots of useful info such as adding a signature, sharing your charts, abbreviations, etc.Flowers
Click here to read about the new signature policy! Was your siggie edited? Click here

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,741
dj rayne replied on 04-09-2011 9:58 AM

I agree no O yet but with another + OPK maybe soon.

David Jude

My WebCharts

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS