Search

help

Why are my temps so low after ovulation?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Heatherwants5 Posted: 04-22-2011 9:38 AM

Fertility Chart

Not Ranked
Posts 45
Heatherwants5 replied on 04-22-2011 9:39 AM

Is it normal to have temps this low after ovulation?  I just had a dip to 97.7 today, which leaves me a bit worried.  We are ttc.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 9,269
tmonee replied on 04-22-2011 12:09 PM

You'll need to give us permission to view the chart as it's currently showing "The chart owner has not granted you permission to view this chart."  To do that click on My Fertility at the top of the page to load your calendar.  From the calendar page click Chart Layout on the left side menu.  About halfway down the screen you should see "Share with" and to the right is a drop down menu.  Click on that menu and select "All registered members" and then click save at the top before navigating away from the page.

Flowers

Need help sharing your chart?  Click HERE for instructions.
Confused by all the abbreviations?  See a list of commonly used abbreviations HERE .

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."-- MLK jr

Not Ranked
Posts 45
Heatherwants5 replied on 04-23-2011 8:04 AM

tmonee, thanks for the explanation!  It should be viewable now.  A funny thing happened this morning, though, and my temp went up a bit, but it was a strange morning, so I don't know if it really counts or if I should have used the rule of thumb.  I woke up an hour earlier than normal (seems like that should make it lower, though).  I was a little stressed upon awakening, though, trying to get my boy someplace that he was supposed to go to, so maybe the stress first thing when I woke up caused a higher temp, or maybe my temp was simply higher.

I am hypothyroid, but taking synthroid too.  I actually didn't take it for the 2 days prior, because we were so busy, I kept forgetting to get to the pharmacy, then I took it yesterday, so maybe that made my temps go up?  I wouldn't think it would happen so suddenly, though.

I'm confused, but I guess time will tell.

It seems like the temps in the book are all higher than mine, but maybe I'm worrying about nothing.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 9,174
lbm436 replied on 04-23-2011 8:35 AM

Your temps look fine to me. They are above the coverline and that's what matters. ROT won't apply after ovulation. You should worry if your temps are consistently at or below the coverline, but you are fineFlowers

me: 33  him: 33Kiss the brand new little guy Baby Boy 3/30/2012 (BFed for 21 months!), the newest little guy Baby Boy 6/4/2014 and the 3 furry ones

2 Angel always remembered 9/2/2010 and 12/22/2010

My Uploaded Charts (current)             My Online Charts (detailed TTC charts, not current)
See my bio for my complete history
Click here for lots of useful info such as adding a signature, sharing your charts, abbreviations, etc.Flowers
Click here to read about the new signature policy! Was your siggie edited? Click here

Not Ranked
Posts 161
mayflower replied on 04-23-2011 2:18 PM

Well, you definitely ovulated, so if you're TTC, then you are set!

As for how low they are, you may just have low temps.  Are they usually like this for most cycles?  (97.7 is still well above the coverline, though, so you clearly ovulated.)  Btw, I've found that different thermometer brands are calibrated differently  - one brand I used consistently gave me lower temps than another.  Both showed a clear temp pattern, so they both worked for FAM; it's just that one kind might be set a few tenths of a degree lower than another.

Not Ranked
Posts 45
Heatherwants5 replied on 04-25-2011 8:22 AM

Thanks for the replies!  For the past couple of days my temps have been a bit lower, strange, but they are still above the coverline.

I guess I'll see what happens this week.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS