help

Low Progesterone and Low Estrogen

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 890
PillNoMore Posted: 01-12-2012 10:34 AM

I was just wondering whether anyone had any information on low progesterone and low estrogen - is this a problem? I've heard low progesterone mentioned a lot on these boards, but haven't been able to find much info about having low estrogen, or them both together.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

My doctor called me today to tell me that I have both low progesterone and low estrogen. I should have asked the numbers but I forgot when I was on the phone, and I don't have a follow-up appointment for a few weeks.

Should I be concerned? We're only on our second cycle of trying, but should I be prepared for this to make it more difficult for us to conceive?

Thanks in advance for any advice/info you can offer!

Me (33) Eye Cool Hubby (35) UK  MY CHARTS

TTC #1 since 2011 - Too Few Eggs / One Blocked Tube / Lazy Sperm

IVF #1 Feb/Mar 2014: Buserelin + Merional + Gonasi + Cyclogest - 11 eggs retrieved, 7 injected (ICSI), 6 fertilised - 1 embryo transferred (5Aa), 2 embryos frozen (4Bc & 3Bb) = BFP!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 23,254
dj rayne replied on 01-12-2012 4:06 PM

Both estrogen and progesterone rise and fall durin your cycle. Depending on when you tests were done it could be normal. Best is to ask the levels and the units of measure for each as well as letting us know when the blood was drawn during your cycle. IE CD3 or CD21 or 7DPO.....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 890
PillNoMore replied on 01-12-2012 5:00 PM

Thanks dj rayne. I'll try to find out the levels and ranges. My blood was taken on CD3 (which I think was when the estrogen level was tested) and again 7DPO for progesterone.

Me (33) Eye Cool Hubby (35) UK  MY CHARTS

TTC #1 since 2011 - Too Few Eggs / One Blocked Tube / Lazy Sperm

IVF #1 Feb/Mar 2014: Buserelin + Merional + Gonasi + Cyclogest - 11 eggs retrieved, 7 injected (ICSI), 6 fertilised - 1 embryo transferred (5Aa), 2 embryos frozen (4Bc & 3Bb) = BFP!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 23,254
dj rayne replied on 01-13-2012 5:02 AM

When you have the levels and units of measure post them here. We'll be glad to help.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS