Search

help

Can you ovulate with HCG levels still in your system after miscarriage??

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Not Ranked
Posts 11
newtothis Posted: 11-02-2012 9:17 AM

Hey ladies- just curious, can you ovulate with HCG levels still going down after a miscarriage?  It's been almost 3 weeks since everything has passed and my HCG levels are still at 400... They started out at 1900 so we are going down SLOWLY....... 

Just curious if you can ovulate with HCG still in your system.  My Dr. said to use protection when BD... but, if you can't get pregnant... what's the point?!?  Or can you?!  

Anyone have any stories of this... We will use condoms (as I don't want to go on birth control b/c I'd like to try again as soon as possible!)... but, I feel like I'm having signs of Ovulation by looking at my CM.  Is that possible?

THANKS!

Not Ranked
Posts 576
Wolffella replied on 11-02-2012 3:22 PM

Hi newtothis-  I had a HCG draw of 17 on 10/24 and pretty sure I O'ed on the 31st.  Now I realize that my HCG was much lower than yours but just wanted to share my experience.

I think the thing with HCG is it can drop quickly and unpredictably so you could O at any time after m/c.  When was your last draw?

Me- 34  DH- 34   TTC #1 since Sept 2011
http://tcoyf.com/members/Wolffella/charts/default.aspx

Seven Angel   (details in my Bio)

Pursuing IVF with PGD (genetic testing).  Time to try something new...

RPL test results:  DH dx with balanced translocation of chromosomes 7 & 14...choices are roll the dice and TTC on our own (theoretically 50% chance of m/c with each BFP), IVF with PGD (no guarantees here), donor sperm (hmmm) or adopt.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
newtothis replied on 11-02-2012 8:05 PM

Thanks.  My last blood draw was Wed. of this past week (just a couple of days ago).  It was still 400... but, I've been having what seems like CM like I do when I Ovulate... just not sure what's going on.  I guess it really doesn't matter... was just curious if anyone had ovulated with HCG levels.  Are you keeping your temps?  Mine still seem kind of high... they haven't gotten back to normal yet.  

Maybe I'll get my period in two weeks or so... that would be awesome :)  But, kind of doubt it with the way my hormone levels are going.  They are taking their sweet time halfing each week... I'm thankful they are going down... I just wish it was faster!

Not Ranked
Posts 24
kodylanmom replied on 11-02-2012 8:48 PM

Hi newtothis. I think you can ovulate with some HCG still in your system. I had a d&c on 9/12 with a beta of 178 on 9/28 and 30 on 10/12 then ovulated on 10/14. It would have been a very small amount but still some - I started temping again the day after the d&c.

Good luck & Baby Dust

dh 40 Kiss me 39

Baby Boy 8

Baby Boy 12

Angel  9/12

ttc #3 Fingers Crossed

[url=http://www.pregnology.com]Make an ovulation ticker[/url

my chart

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 706
Ceridwen replied on 11-03-2012 4:01 PM

My doctor didn't follow my levels down, but I was still getting faint positive tests (Wondfos) when I ovulated in my first cycle following my D&C. I probably still had 10-20 HCG in my system when I O'd. LP was normal length and my temps, while not great, were in my normal LP range, so I'm pretty sure it was a real O.

You'll definitely need to get down well below 400 for O, but it can certainly happen before you reach 0.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 1,688
Aleigh6 replied on 11-04-2012 7:30 PM

Yes, you can ovulate with hcg in your system. Women going through ivf and IUIs are given shots of hcg around ovulation in some cases. You'll probably have a short LP of about 7-8 days as well. Good luck!

Amber Leigh 33, Brennan 34

Baby Girl DD1 - Adalyne Leigh - 10/2008

Missed M/C at 6 weeks - 12/2009

Baby Girl DD2 - Ellasyn Cooper- 04/2011

Missed M/C at 6 weeks - 09/2012

Baby Girl DD3 - Avery Brynn - 10/2013

http://tcoyf.com/members/aleigh6/pccharts/default.aspx  Using FAM since 2007 to TTC and TTA

Not Ranked
Posts 576
Wolffella replied on 11-05-2012 4:33 PM

Hey newtothis-  I also had lots of EWCM right at the end of my m/c but my body didn't O until a little while after that. (see chart for reference)

Me- 34  DH- 34   TTC #1 since Sept 2011
http://tcoyf.com/members/Wolffella/charts/default.aspx

Seven Angel   (details in my Bio)

Pursuing IVF with PGD (genetic testing).  Time to try something new...

RPL test results:  DH dx with balanced translocation of chromosomes 7 & 14...choices are roll the dice and TTC on our own (theoretically 50% chance of m/c with each BFP), IVF with PGD (no guarantees here), donor sperm (hmmm) or adopt.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
newtothis replied on 11-07-2012 9:57 AM

Thanks!  I just got my blood tested again today... I'm so ready for this to be over.  I'm ready to try again and to be 'normal' again!  I know you all know how I feel... I'm thankful for your encouragement!  

My results should be in tomorrow morning.  I really hope they are down.  

I think I will start taking my temps tomorrow... I just get disappointed when I start taking them and they are still high.  I don't think I've ever wanted AF to come so much!  :)  

Not Ranked
Posts 113
sweetagave replied on 11-07-2012 5:22 PM

I just wanted to send some support and say that I'm in the same boat! It's been 3.5 weeks since my m/c, and as of 2 days ago my HCG was still at 21. I'm hoping it comes down quickly, because it does seem like I've been waiting forever. I'm ready to get AF and start TTC again! Waiting is hard so I wish you lots of strength. In the meantime I'm just trying to distract myself and enjoy life to the extent that I can.

Married 10/20/2007; me 32, DH 36

Broken Heart Sept. 2012: missed m/c at 7w4d

Baby Girl Mary Cecilia, November 14, 2013

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS